Tour the nexus of technology, power, style and precision in this 2018 Tesla Model X, an ultramodern machine that recaptures the magic of motoring’s earliest days.
The Tesla X model P100D has been dubbed the “quickest SUV on Earth”, the 2018 Model X’s 75 kWh battery pack produces 518 hp. The Model X 75D goes 0-60 time is at 4.2 seconds. With room for 5, a 220+-mile range and a 5-star safety rating, the Model X is the premier vehicle for Northern California travel – it’s as much at home on Main Street as it is in the Sonoma mountains.
This Model X is loaded. I’ll get to Autopilot in a minute, so let’s start with the exterior. This car is aerodynamic and aggressively styled. The exterior paneling, emblems and spoiler are custom matte black with a carbon-fiber finish that’s augmented by 22-inch Onyx Black wheels. The rear Falcon Wing doors open to an all-black, spacious interior with rear seats that recline. Imagine the driver’s seat as your cockpit: a central 17-inch touchscreen with automatic software updates are your control panel, while an additional display behind the steering wheel shows real-time performance and other cars.
According to Tesla.com, the Model X’s Autopilot capabilities include:
· “Lane Change: Automatically change lanes while driving on the highway”.
· “Autosteer: Assisted steering, with cruise control that matches speed to traffic”.
· “Side Collision Warning: Helps to avoid potential collisions with fast-approaching vehicles”.
· “Summon: Automatically park and retrieve your vehicle”.
· “Automatic Parking: Parallel and perpendicular parking, with a single touch”.
· “Emergency Braking: Detect objects and automatically apply brakes to help avoid or lessen impact”.
More to like:
· Largest all-glass panoramic windshield you’ll find. Convertible type view.
· Noise-suppression interior. Seventeen speakers of premium sound.
· HEPA filtration system produces hospital-grade air quality and can repel a Bio-weapon (just in case.)
· Two trunks – additional trunk space in front allows for more cargo.
· Radio, Bluetooth, on-demand & Internet radio capability.
I’m Peter, and this is my car. Please take care of it – no smoking and keep it clean. The Model X is an experience in and of itself. I invite you to take a spin.