- Turning the car on/off: There is no button to turn the car on/off, simply sit down in the driver seat with the key nearby and the car will turn on automatically. Similarly once you leave the vehicle the car will automatically turn off (ensure the car is in park and the key is not left within).
- Driving the car: Once the car is started, press the brake (keeping it pressed) the car will give the option to put it in drive, reverse, park, or neutral. The gear shifter is located on the right side of the steering wheel. Pull down on the gear shifter fully to put it in drive, push up on it fully to put it in reverse, press the button on the right side of the shifter to engage park (parking brake engaged automatically), pull down on shifter halfway to engage neutral.
- Locking/Unlocking the car: Once you get near the driver side, the car will unlock all doors automatically. Once you leave the vehicle and walk away, the car will lock itself and fold the mirrors in automatically.
- Using the Tesla GPS: The Tesla GPS is essential to ensuring you get from point A to point B with enough charge. It will route Superchargers along the way to ensure the car does not die from losing all charge. This is especially important for longer distance trips where charging stations may not be as readily available.
- Charging at a Supercharger: The charging port is located in the rear driver side near the corner of the taillight. When charging at a Supercharger simply press the button on the Supercharger cable when near the port. The port will automatically swing open (don’t put the charging cable too close). Once the port lights up white you can insert the charging cable fully into the port. It will flash blue meaning it is preparing to charge and then will flash green when it is charging. View charge progress within the car. Once the charging is complete press the button on the cable again and remove the cable only after the light turns white, the port will close automatically.
- Charging at other stations: When charging at other stations that are not Superchargers you will need to plug in an adapter to be able to charge. The adapter needed is provided within the car. The process is generally the same except you will need to open the charge port through the car center console and unlock the charge port from the center console once charging is complete, the light signals are the same.
- Charging at home/hotel: When charging at home/hotel plug in the provided mobile connector to a supported outlet (2 different outlets are supported using two provided adapters, 1 for standard 120V and the other for 240V) follow general guidelines above to charge. The process will be similar to charging at other stations.
- No smoking in or around the car.
- No pets allowed in the car.